I think that one of the best ways to learn, grow, and challenge viewpoints, is to read and comment on the work of your peers. It builds community and continually exposes you to new and helpful ideas.
10 Gen Y Blogs I Read
- Modite: Rebecca Thorman’s blog hosts career & life conversations.
- Life Without Pants: Matt Cheuvront candidly explores life without restrictions.
- Small Hands, Big Ideas: Refreshingly positive, Grace Boyle explores the big picture on life, happiness and doing what you love in life.
- Life After College: Real world advice for the young professional. Jenny Blake blogs about life, work, money, happiness, personal growth, productivity and more.
- Employee Evolution: Ryan Healy, co-founder of the social network Brazen Careerist, blogs about social media, recruiting, entrepreneurship, generational issues.
- Man vs. Debt: Adam Baker, wife and toddler beat their debt and began traveling the world. Great community, great story.
- Ben Casnocha: Entrepreneurship, books, current affairs, and intellectual life.
- Ryan Stephens Marketing: Career, social media, and relationship marketing for the small business owner.
- Politicoholic: Nisha Chittal writes about media, politics, women’s issues and international affairs.
- WorkLoveLife: The title says it all.
What blogs do you love? Please add to the list!
Cassie is a May 2009 University of Wisconsin-Madison Ag Journalism graduate. She recently joined SPARK Advertising in Neenah, Wis. as a full-time public relations specialist. Find Cassie on Twitter, BrazenCareerist, and LinkedIn.