In my opinion, people don’t read enough books. I rarely spend more than a few hours a week with book in hand, which is hugely disappointing considering at one point in time I powered through 4 or 5 novels a month. So, my post today is a list of personal branding books I think you should consider reading.
Dan Schawbel–the man behind Student Branding–has written a standout personal branding book called Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success. The Amazon reviews rock. On the home page of Student Branding, we also feature a book of the moment–some truly great reads.
Here is a list of 9 other branding books worth checking out:
1. The Brand Called You by Peter Montoya and Tim Vandehey
2. The Brand YU Life: Re-thinking who you are through personal brand management by Haji E. Flemings
3. Self Marketing Power: Branding Yourself As a Business of One by Jeff Beals
4. The Brand You 50 by Tom Peters
5. Managing Brand You by Jerry S. Wilson and Ira Blumenthal
6. Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand by William Arruda and Kirsten Dixson
7. The 10Ks of Personal Branding by Kaplan Mobray
8. Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz
9. Be Your Own Brand: A Breakthrough Formula for Standing Out from the Crowd by David McNally and Karl D. Speak
Cassie is a May 2009 University of Wisconsin-Madison Ag Journalism graduate. She recently joined SPARK Advertising in Neenah, Wis. as a full-time public relations specialist. Find Cassie on Twitter, BrazenCareerist, and LinkedIn.